— Craig Scott, Founder and CEO of Fuuz
ROCHESTER HILLS, MICHIGAN, USA, February 13, 2024 /EINPresswire.com/ — Fuuz, a Michigan-based manufacturing and integration platform, is proud to offer Advanced Production Scheduling (APS), a Fuuz MES Platform module that uses optimization algorithms and attribute-based scheduling. It extends the principles of finite scheduling by incorporating a broader range of resources and constraints, including attributes such as color, size, and other relevant factors, aiming to maximize efficiency and minimize waste on the factory floor.
“Inefficiencies in production planning & scheduling can cost businesses between 20 to 30 percent of their revenue each year, and we aim to reduce those numbers,” said Craig Scott, Founder and CEO of Fuuz. “Our Fuuz MES Platform advantages include a 23 percent reduction in excess inventory while enhancing resource utilization.”
Key concepts and features responsible for that reduction include
· Resource Diversity: Fuuz APS considers a wide array of resources, including machines, labor, materials, tools, and equipment.
· Attribute-Based Scheduling: APS considers product attributes that impact production setups and processing requirements. This allows for more accurate and specialized scheduling based on product characteristics.
· Constraint Management: APS handles multiple types of constraints, including resource capacity, tool availability, material availability, and attribute-specific constraints. It ensures that schedules adhere to these limitations while optimizing production efficiency.
· Optimization Algorithms: APS uses advanced algorithms and optimization techniques to generate schedules that reduce setup changeover times, minimize production lead times, and improve overall resource utilization.
· Visualization Tools: Fuuz APS provides intuitive visual representations of schedules, allowing users to monitor progress, identify bottlenecks, and make adjustments as needed.
“APS within the Fuuz MES Platform is the next-gen approach to production planning and scheduling,” said Scott. “It’s a powerful tool that goes beyond traditional finite scheduling, optimizing production schedules to reduce setup changeover times, minimize lead times, and enhance overall manufacturing efficiency.”
For more information about Fuuz, visit www.fuuz.com.
Fuuz® by MFGx is a next-generation Manufacturing Execution System (MES) platform with supportive processes that help companies of all sizes gain full visibility into their global operations, automate manual processes, and accelerate their digital transformation — without the expense of new enterprise software. The Fuuz MES Platform can be extended with pre-built manufacturing modules, platform tools for rapid application development and integrations for all major ERPs, legacy software and the other solutions manufacturers use every day. MFGx is a Michigan-based manufacturing software company with more than 20 years of hands-on experience. For more information, visit www.fuuz.com.
email us here